Frequently Asked Questions
As boat charterer you will be supported principally by Panos. On every island he knows locals who are always ready to assist with advice and a helping hand. When necessary, Panos is able to secure spare parts quickly and as a studied boat engineer and handyman he is able to make most repairs himself.
Only locals can give the best tips regarding secluded inlets, safe overnight anchorages and the whereabouts of lively taverns and Panos is a local! He also knows the most beautiful places for swimming and the best restaurants to experience local cuisine. For some years, Panos also lived in a number of countries in central and northern Europe and so he understands their citizen's particular requirements and customs.
Panos' motto is "fulfil the sailing dream of every individual". He will do his utmost to ensure that your charter is an unforgettable adventure.
How do I plan my sailing holidays?
- First of all, you must decide with whom you would like to go sailing and during which season.
- Then you can contact us and we will happily answer all of your many questions.
- After your final decision, we will send you the charter contract which will be valid once the advance payment of 50% has been received. The remaining 50% has to be received by us a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the charter. We recommend that you also take out an insurance policy in case of a last minute need for cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Children, including toddlers and babies are most welcome. Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets.
- We recommend that you pack in soft travel bags or stuff-bags so that they can then be easily stowed on board.
- For anyone who is concerned about seasickness, we have some good tips regarding its prevention and treatment. But our experience shows that seasickness is rarely a problem in the Aegean.
With or without skipper?
The yacht can be chartered to people who possess a current "open sea" sailing license, or alternatively you can sail in the company of skipper Panos.
The success of a wonderful sailing holiday is dependent on the boat, the weather and the skipper but most important is the active participation of the entire crew. That is why we recommend you to bring along your family and best friends. Putting together your own crew will guarantee you have a great time.
And don't forget, sailing has no age limit; you are never too old or too young to experience it.